• Jack3d by USPlabs.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usp/jacked.html

I tried Jack3d by USPlabs on Wednesday. I did the following chest workout:

Bench Press
    :

135X12, 185X6, 225X4, 245X4, 265X3, 285X2, 300X2

Pec Deck:

8X12, 8X12, 10X10

As soon as I read that it was an 8.3 gram proprietary blend consisting of the ingredients listed below, I knew it would be strong:

(Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine (CarnoSyn®), Caffeine, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCL, Schisandra Chinensis (Berry) Extract (Standardized For Schizandrol A))

I knew that it would have to be a large amount of caffeine in order to comprise over eight grams. I think I had the equivalent of two servings as the link above seems to be saying that only just over four grams is one serving. I also knew that the beta-alanine was strong as I drank my Jack3d drink and felt the tingling/itching of the beta-alanine on the way over.

It was very strong and gave me a long-lasting energy but it did make me slightly edgy early on before the effect leveled out a little and it made my bench attempt of 300 pounds difficult but I still managed to get it for two reps. I may try to again in the future. I found it to be a particularly strong pre-workout, so most likely I will use it for a smaller muscle group such as biceps or triceps or something that I can get a big pump on and nothing where I do heavy singles or doubles. I don't think it is a good idea to do very heavy weights when feeling edgy. With that said, it was not much worse than any other pre-workout in terms of side effects and was quite strong in terms of the beneficial effects.
    Attached Files

I've got to admit, Jack3d is great for high exertion during my muscular workouts, but as it does for you, this supplement makes me edgy too. I was recently diagnosed with bi-polar disorder, and have recently learn from this post http://www.losingweight.com/question...3d-bad-for-you that jack3d is not recommended for people that have such mental disorders because of the caffeine content. I'm wondering if it really is the caffeine content or if it's another element in the jack3d blend that causes me to be abnormally moody.
    Last edited by richard_anderson; 07-05-2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richard_anderson View Post
      I've got to admit, Jack3d is great for high exertion during my muscular workouts, but as it does for you, this supplement makes me edgy too. I was recently diagnosed with bi-polar disorder, and have recently learn from this post http://www.losingweight.com/question...3d-bad-for-you that jack3d is not recommended for people that have such mental disorders because of the caffeine content. I'm wondering if it really is the caffeine content or if it's another element in the jack3d blend that causes me to be abnormally moody.
      It is pretty easy to eliminate caffeine from your diet if you choose to. I doubt caffeine is the sole cause of your moodiness if you have bi-polar disorder. It may aggravate the problems associated with this condition, however. Aren't mood altering substances pretty much off limits for you if you want to stay as regular as possible? Caffeine does alter one's mood.

Often these performance enhances have really high levels of caffeine in order to be effective. This is likely because for most people it takes a high dose of caffeine to insure they will have the desired response. For example, if I drink a cup or three of coffee, it really has no effect on me. Coffee doesn't keep me awake even when I drink it right before bed. I think I would need a 4 shot espresso to feel the effects of the caffeine.

If you really wanted to see if it is the caffeine in Jack3d that affects your moods. Try including caffeine in your diet, but not the Jack3d. If just caffeine still makes you moody, then you have your answer. If it doesn't but Jack3d does, then you know it isn't the caffeine in it that's causing the problem. I would be surprised if it isn't the caffeine though.

Comment

Bodybuilding.

Whenever I use caffeine I use well under the 400mg per day allowance for adult males. And I do not use it every day. Not even close in fact.

Comment

I am presently watching my diet very carefully so I had almost no caffeine for over a week. I haven't noticed any withdrawal symptoms. The test will be this morning as my wife and daughter are taking me out to breakfast. I often drink too many cups of coffee when the server keeps filling the cup for me.

Comment

didn't the supplement jack3d result in a death in brazil?

Comment

Bodybuilding.

Originally posted by e1513411 View Post
              didn't the supplement jack3d result in a death in brazil?
              Even if true, how much was consumed?

Comment

Working...
              X