X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Haney's Diet Plan

This is what Lee Haney used for his prep for the 1991 Mr. Olympia. The diet looks pretty good for cutting. Next time I need to cut, I think I'll use it.

Meal One (8AM)

8-egg omelet (2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites)
    1 cup oatmeal (with strawberries and maple syrup or honey)
    5 oz pineapple (packed in its own juice)
    Water
    Black coffee

Workout
    Meal Two (11:30AM)

2 broiled chicken breasts
    1 baked potato
    Sauteed spinach
    5 oz pineapple
    Water

Meal Four (3:30PM)

Whole-wheat pancakes with maple syrup and sliced banana
    Black coffee
    Water

Meal Five (6PM)
    2 Broiled skinless chicken breasts
    Steamed asparagus or any green vegetable (no butter)
    Rice or noodles
    5 oz pineapple or peaches
    Water

Meal Six (8:30PM)
    Mixed fruit salad or 1 cup oatmeal with strawberries

Originally posted by Unregistered
    This is what Lee Haney used for his prep for the 1991 Mr. Olympia. The diet looks pretty good for cutting. Next time I need to cut, I think I'll use it.

Meal One (8AM)

8-egg omelet (2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites)
    1 cup oatmeal (with strawberries and maple syrup or honey)
    5 oz pineapple (packed in its own juice)
    Water
    Black coffee

Workout
    Meal Two (11:30AM)

2 broiled chicken breasts
    1 baked potato
    Sauteed spinach
    5 oz pineapple
    Water

Meal Four (3:30PM)

Whole-wheat pancakes with maple syrup and sliced banana
    Black coffee
    Water

Meal Five (6PM)
    2 Broiled skinless chicken breasts
    Steamed asparagus or any green vegetable (no butter)
    Rice or noodles
    5 oz pineapple or peaches
    Water

Meal Six (8:30PM)
    Mixed fruit salad or 1 cup oatmeal with strawberries
    Lee Haney trained extremely hard. The average slacker could not make any progress on this meal plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Baby_Hercules
      Lee Haney trained extremely hard. The average slacker could not make any progress on this meal plan.
      Even for cutting? It doesn't look like a bulking diet, but it seems pretty clean. Not great, but not too bad. Still, I would have thought Lee would have a different diet than this.

Comment

Even for cutting? It doesn't look like a bulking diet, but it seems pretty clean. Not great, but not too bad. Still, I would have thought Lee would have a different diet than this.
        At 3:30 why wouldn't he have any protein? That doesn't make sense I understand the complex carbs the stimulant but no protein?! Why?!

Comment

At 3:30 why wouldn't he have any protein? That doesn't make sense I understand the complex carbs the stimulant but no protein?! Why?!
          I was actually wondering the same thing. This diet looks OK...but it's lacking a little. I would think a lot given someone on Lee's level. I'm surprised. And I know Lee Haney worked hard in the gym, but...does that ever make up for poor diet? I don't think so. I'm thinking one of two things with this, Haney either (1) found out what worked for him and used it, odd as it seems and unlikely to work for us, or (2) had better genetics than I thought. I would do ok on this diet, but I would never expect a bodybuilder as prolific as Lee Haney could get far on it. Just my $0.02.

Comment

Honestly, this diet doesn't look good at all to me. I don't even think I would take a diet so lacking to cut up. I guess genetics can take you far in bodybuilding. Not to say this diet is awful...but we're talking about an EIGHT TIME MR. OLYMPIA WINNER here...wow.

Comment

I don't understand that either. Weird diet. But who knows what they print in the magazines and how valid it is (or isn't).

Comment

Bumping this up to hear more comments on Haney's alleged diet.

Comment

I think diet should be different for everyone, no one has the same metabolism! Sure it worked for Lee Haney in 91, but is it gonna work for Joe Schmoe? I Doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by IronMarc View Post
                    I think diet should be different for everyone, no one has the same metabolism! Sure it worked for Lee Haney in 91, but is it gonna work for Joe Schmoe? I Doubt it.
                    Personally I think Haney's diet looks ok, but he is eating like a bird, even for contest prep. Frank Zane ate like a bird which consisted of light beer and very small meals. I wonder if these guys would have grown if not for the dbol.

Also, take a look at the crap diets in the Similar Threads on the bottom of the page.

Comment

I was in fact apprehensive the aforementioned thing. This diet looks OK...but it's defective a little. I would anticipate a lot accustomed anyone on Lee's level. I'm surprised. And I apperceive Lee Haney formed harder in the gym, but...does that anytime accomplish up for poor diet? I don't anticipate so. I'm cerebration one of two things with this, Haney either (1) begin out what formed for him and acclimated it, odd as it seems and absurd to plan for us, or (2) had bigger analysis than I thought. I would do ok on this diet, but I would never apprehend a bodybuilder as abounding as Lee Haney could get far on it.

Comment

Lee Haneys Diet Plan

Post into on your Runners Diet Plan here.

All questions and ideas welcome. Share your knowledge or ask a question.

Post info on Carbs, Protiens, Fats, and how they are used.

Comment

Lee Haneys Diet Plan

Does anyone know a plan for taking weight loss pills and detoxing does anyone know a plan how to do this at all?

Comment

RE

Thanks for sharing Knowledgeable information with us..

Comment

Lee Harvey is such an amazing talent in the body building world. His diet does seem to slack in major protein consumption for how much he was lifting. When choosing the right diet plan, I believe that a well balanced diet revolves around eating healthy and maintaining a workout regiment that best fits your body type. If you are looking to count your calories and keep track of what you are eating, head over to http://www.fitclick.com and try the Online Calorie Counter. This counter helps count your calories so you don't have to! Good Luck!
                              Last edited by Matt C; 03-12-2010, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X