X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stomach lines getting rid of em'

Hi all, Im 33 5'6" 140lbs and I have these lines on my stomach that have been there for 15 years now. The cause of the lines occur when Im in a sitting position. My stomach folds and creates these lines. What can I do to get rid of them? Should I gain weight? Or would situps get rid of them. Please and advice would be helpful. Thank you -Greg
    Attached Files

Originally posted by zedster2112
    Hi all, Im 33 5'6" 140lbs and I have these lines on my stomach that have been there for 15 years now. The cause of the lines occur when Im in a sitting position. My stomach folds and creates these lines. What can I do to get rid of them? Should I gain weight? Or would situps get rid of them. Please and advice would be helpful. Thank you -Greg
    You know, I just noticed I have a line like that. You look fairly lean too, so the likeliness is just that it is the weight of your skin causing that over time. For example, open your hand and look at the lines between the joints of your finger. It's just caused by the weight hand being closed for so long over time. Same goes for the lines on your stomach, and to be honest with you, I'm not exactly sure how to get rid of them, but I'll check into that for you. Stick around the boards and I'll go digging for a reply for you and post it ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Webmaster
      You know, I just noticed I have a line like that. You look fairly lean too, so the likeliness is just that it is the weight of your skin causing that over time. For example, open your hand and look at the lines between the joints of your finger. It's just caused by the weight hand being closed for so long over time. Same goes for the lines on your stomach, and to be honest with you, I'm not exactly sure how to get rid of them, but I'll check into that for you. Stick around the boards and I'll go digging for a reply for you and post it ASAP.
      Thanks for looking. I haven't looked on the cosmetic surgery side of my problem...hoping I don't have to go that route.
      If I gain weight (assuming 10lbs or more) Im not even sure the fat will be concentrated in that area. I have such a high motabolism it is hard for me to gain weight anyway. And as for the pushup idea I'd think I'd have to work on my stomach alot to get rid of that. I just slightly bend over and my stomach starts folding. once again thanks for looking. -Greg

Comment

The only thing I can find about it is that it isn't a problem at all. It's just caused in the same way as the lines on your fingers. In reality, nobody probably notices them instead of you. I'm still looking for a way to get rid of them, so I'll post again when I find something.

Comment

zedster2112

Originally posted by Webmaster
          The only thing I can find about it is that it isn't a problem at all. It's just caused in the same way as the lines on your fingers. In reality, nobody probably notices them instead of you. I'm still looking for a way to get rid of them, so I'll post again when I find something.
          Thanks....I can't find anything on this and I'd really like to get rid of them.

Comment

there is a way to get rid of them. i used to have them and i dont know if you want to go through such trouble hence it isnt a large problem or anything. but once my bodyfat % got down to 9ish or 10% six pack started showing up and my skin wasnt really folding over anymore when i sat down. so the only way to get rid of stomach lines would be to lower your bodyfat percentage untill your skin stops folding "AS MUCH"
            i hope i was somewhat of help to this, it was a very good question. good luck and we'll keep looking into it but thats the only solution i can think of right now. keep posted.
            Mike001
            live life and lift

Comment

i'm a girl, and have stomache lines like that too...

mike, are you saying that i need to tone my abs too :S

Originally posted by mike001
              there is a way to get rid of them. i used to have them and i dont know if you want to go through such trouble hence it isnt a large problem or anything. but once my bodyfat % got down to 9ish or 10% six pack started showing up and my skin wasnt really folding over anymore when i sat down. so the only way to get rid of stomach lines would be to lower your bodyfat percentage untill your skin stops folding "AS MUCH"
              i hope i was somewhat of help to this, it was a very good question. good luck and we'll keep looking into it but thats the only solution i can think of right now. keep posted.
              Mike001
              live life and lift

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                i'm a girl, and have stomache lines like that too...

mike, are you saying that i need to tone my abs too :S
                regardless you will have lines if you sit down and bending your body sitting up. but if you have them bad enough where they show up and/or your skin folds without bending forward, or while standing up, then yes you need to lower the bodyfat percentage rate. since your unregistered i'll call you girl what is your BF percentage. the guy in the picture looked about 16-17ish. keep in mind the average human is 20% these days

Comment

I have lines on my stomach very much like yours, except I have three lines, and they form a wierd pattern. Top line is only on the left side of my stomach, the middle line is on the right, and the bottom line is on the left side. Wierd zig-zag sort of thing. My abdominals are uneven, so that may be the reason. I'll post some pics when I get a hold of the digicam.

Comment

Bodybuilding.

An ironage thread on BodybuildingPro.com!

Comment

Working...
                    X