Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BodybuildingPro.com Ectomorph's Guide to Bodybuilding!

Welcome to the BodybuildingPro.com Ectomorph's guide to bodybuilding. On this page, you will find all of the site's tricks and tips to get you started with health and fitness. Numerous topics will be covered ranging from how often to work out, to how to eat properly all the way to how to choose a gym and a workout for you!

We hope you enjoy everything this page has to offer, and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or comments related to fitness and bodybuilding.

In this extensive guide, you will find many different tips to help you gain muscle mass if you are a "hardgainer". Topics covered include:

- Understanding Your Body Type
    - Training for the Ectomorph
    - Nutrition for the Ectomorph
    - Supplements for the Ectomorph
    - Ectomorph Bodybuilding Articles

Learn it all right here:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/ectom...ybuilding.html

REVIEW THIS GUIDE: Post your review of this article by clicking on "reply" below!

terminology

As an ectomorph, and someone who is not that familiar with a lot of the terminology used in bodybuilding, what does the term "hardgainer" mean?

I take it to mean "someone who has a hard time gaining weight", but I'm not sure.... can you recommend a link that might answer some of my questions relating to terminology normally used in the gym?

Thanks,
    Herman

Comment

Originally posted by Herman View Post
      As an ectomorph, and someone who is not that familiar with a lot of the terminology used in bodybuilding, what does the term "hardgainer" mean?

I take it to mean "someone who has a hard time gaining weight", but I'm not sure.... can you recommend a link that might answer some of my questions relating to terminology normally used in the gym?

Thanks,
      Herman
      Yep, you hit it! That is 100% the proper use of the term.

Comment

I don't know of a link to show you bodybuilding terminology. However, I'm sure you'll figure it out in the time to come, so no worries. More importantly, your understanding of a hardgainer is almost entirely accurate. I would just add a few comments. As a hardgainer (as ectomorphs generally are) you often have a fast metabolism. Meaning, you've gone through most of your life eating foods that your endomorphic (bigger body structure and generally heavier) friends have eaten with caution or not eaten at all because they put on weight easily, due to a slower metabolism. This is where the hardgainer meets his challenge, he has to compensate for that fast metabolism by taking in more calories so that he can hope to generate better muscle gaining capabilities. I hope this helped...

Comment

Working...
        X