X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• String tank tops

Back in the '90s, string tanks were all the rage. For the most part, they've disappeared, as bodybuilders discarded them to just go shirtless. However, some gyms still require shirts. In gyms like these, I think the string tank is making a comeback.

These videos take "string tank" to the extreme. They're cut so low the guys may as well not be wearing shirts. And yet, since the gyms require shirts, they wear what might better be described as necklaces!

I couldn't post more than one video at a time (forum rules?), so here's the other one I wanted to post:

Ray Barnett:

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_O View Post
      Back in the '90s, string tanks were all the rage. For the most part, they've disappeared, as bodybuilders discarded them to just go shirtless. However, some gyms still require shirts. In gyms like these, I think the string tank is making a comeback.

Here are a few interesting string tank top images/videos I've found:

Brett Becker:

These videos take "string tank" to the extreme. They're cut so low the guys may as well not be wearing shirts. And yet, since the gyms require shirts, they wear what might better be described as necklaces!

So many folks are germ-a-phobic that these barely there shirts would not be a hit at the gym anymore. I see people wiping down the benches with disinfectant before and after using them all the time. Personally, this behavior seems over-the-top to me. Fortunately I don't sweat much, if at all. Unless I am on the treadmill or some other cardio machine, I don't bother with wiping everything down when I am done. I do were more of a shirt than the fellow in the video these days, although I would prefer not to have to cover up so much.

Comment

I couldn't post more than one video at a time (forum rules?), so here's the other one I wanted to post:
        As far as I know, there is no rule about posting more then one video in a post. I could swear I have posted a couple at one time, but I might be wrong. I'll have to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Primemuscle View Post
          As far as I know, there is no rule about posting more then one video in a post. I could swear I have posted a couple at one time, but I might be wrong. I'll have to check it out.
          I received a forum message that stated I would not be allowed to post my message, since it contained more than one video.

Comment

Zach Zeiler:

Attachment Attachment

Zach is quite the inspiration, having recovered from cancer to build his body up from nothing. Here's his YouTube video:
            Attached Files

Comment

Yup, one video at a time.

Comment

Here is the other one I tried to post.

Comment

A good string tank should expose at least some of the guy's abdomen. Ideally, three rows of abs.

Attachment
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Alex_O; 06-03-2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

"string tank" to the extreme. They're cut so low the guys may as well not be wearing shirts. And yet, since the gyms require shirts, they wear what might better be described as necklaces!
                    Ha ha! I've heard a lot said about string tanks, but not this! Very sexy necklaces, huh?

The vendors along the Venice Beach (CA) boardwalk still sell the string tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavilyOiled View Post
                      Ha ha! I've heard a lot said about string tanks, but not this! Very sexy necklaces, huh?
                      Bits of string, really...

The vendors along the Venice Beach (CA) boardwalk still sell the string tanks.
                      Yeah, they just don't have the distribution they used to. Used to be, you saw these ripped-up Gold's Gym style barely-there string tanks everywhere.

Comment

The great Lee Priest in string tanks. The best string tanks showcase a man's chest, rather than hide it. I think these are good examples of that.

Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment
                        Attached Files

Comment

Mike Francois:
                          Attachment Attachment

Mike Matarazzo:
                          Attachment Attachment
                          I'd like to see a bit more abdomen showing on the black and white image, but the strings holding that shirt together are just the right size. Can't complain about the shirt in the color image: it really showcases Mike's two best assets.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Craig Titus:
                            Attachment Attachment

Troy Zuccolotto:
                            Attachment Attachment
                            The first one really exemplifies the "necklace" style: just basically a rope of fabric around his neck with a bit of fabric attached at the front.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Eddie Robinson
                              Attachment
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X