Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More on Posing Suits

Ed Robertson,

I agree with you. Posing suits have outlived their purpose in this sport. My own feeling is that our societies have become sophistocated enough to handle seeing ourselves naked, especially in a sport where the unclothed body is the whole purpose of the sport. Europe is very far ahead of North America in this aspect; nudity in its correct context - public or private - is not seen as something sexual or wrong, but something natural. There is much more freedom there than here, and homophobia is much less prevalent. In America, it is very difficult to get away from a paranoid and inhibited way of thinking. Too bad, I think.

Here is one more photo that I found, of a great body-builder named Allen Sarkiszadeh. If you're interested, I can post more.

Jean-Philipp
    Attached Files

Comment

posing suits

Great pic of Allen. Sure would like to see more of the guy. Great muscularity in a super tiny thong. Wonderful guy, real daring to pose in so small a poser!
      Ed.

Comment

One More

Ed,

I'm glad you like that photo; I think it's just great, and shows a level of confidence that I'd like to see more of. Here's one more, though I don't know who this guy is. I have another of him, which I'll post if you like.

Jean-Philipp
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice photoshopped pictures!

Comment

Images

Well, I can not confirm or deny that these were photoshopped. I can tell you that if they were, I had nothing to do with it; I got them off the web. I apologize if, in fact, they are fakes, but I know nothing about that.

Jean-Philipp

Comment

Posing Suits

Ok, I see that there are over 13,000 hits to this thread. Surely someone must have something to say about this. I am very curious about one thing: What, exactly, is the objection to smaller posing suits? When does small become too small? By that I mean what is the limit of acceptability, and why? I know that in Europe, Russia, Australia, Brazil, Japan, and so on, nudity is not met with nearly the homophobia and inhibition that Americans feel. Why is that? I think this was not always true in your country, but I don't know what has changed (I am from Canada). For example, here are a couple of photos that I have found from a legitimate bodybuilding website called Bodybuilders of the Golden Era (so anyone who wishes can see that I have not photoshopped these). These posing suits are very small, but still perform their necessary function. Why aren't these used today?

Thanks.

Jean-Philipp
              Attached Files

Comment

posing suits

Jean Philipp

Here is a pic of the great German top-bodybuilder Heiko Kallbach. Back stage during the Australian. Think he comes close to the idea of bodybuilders posing in only the necessary attire; the man is all real heavy muscle and he does show it. In the San Francisco Pro he posed in a minimal black posing suit. I admire the guy for all he gives for the bodybuilding sport, and also for the maximum display of his great muscle bod.
                Great guest poser too, always very friendly, a real crowd pleaser.
                Ed.
                Attached Files

Comment

Two more...

Two more...
                  Attached Files

Comment

IFBB Posing Attire Rules

Friends,

It occurred to me that it might be interesting to see exactly what the guidelines for posing attire were in an IFBB sponsored contest Below are these guidelines from the IFBB rules handbook. They are very interesting in that they are pretty subjective. I could be wrong about this, but it seems like there is a pretty good possibility that some contestants are either not reading these rules or not following them.

For male posing attire, the term “decent” begs for a clearer definition. If someone padded their pouch, who is going to check to see that “What you see is what you get?” Interestingly enough there is no rule for gluteus maximus coverage with men while there is a clearly stated one for women.

Attached are photos of five contestants from this year's Arnold Classic, held in Las Vegas. Something looks mighty metalic about these posers....hmmm?

Prime

12.1 Posing Attire:
                    The posing attire must meet the following guidelines:

1. Male competitors will wear posing trunks of a solid, nondistracting colour which are clean and decent. Metallic materials, such as gold or silver lamé, may not be used to make up the trunks. The use of padding anywhere in the trunks is prohibited.

2. Female competitors will wear bikinis of a solid, nondistracting colour which must conform to accepted standards of taste and decency. The bikini will reveal the abdominal muscles as well as the lower back muscles. The bikini bottom must cover at least two-thirds of the gluteus maximus. The fastenings of the bikini will be plain, with no attached ornamentation. Metallic materials,
                    such as gold or silver lamé, may not be used to make up the bikini. The use of padding anywhere in the bikini is prohibited.

3. All competitors will wear the posing attire, during both Prejudging and Finals, that was approved by the IFBB Chief Judge at Official Athlete Registration. Unauthorized use of any other posing attire is strictly prohibited without the prior approval of the IFBB Chief Judge and may lead to disqualification from the event.

12.2 Stage Presentation:
                    The following points will be strictly adhered to during the competitor’s stage presentation:

1. Except for a wedding ring, competitors will not wear footwear, glasses, watches, bangles, pendants, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, wigs, distracting ornamentation or
                    artificial aids to the figure. Nor will any competitor chew gum or candy while onstage.

2. The use of props during the Prejudging or Finals presentation is strictly prohibited.

3. Artificial body colouring may be used provided that it is applied at least twenty-four hours prior to the Prejudging. Tanning lotion and/or creams should be applied evenly over the entire body and in such a manner so as not to cause streaking. Sparkles, glitter, shiny metallic particles
                    or gold coloring are prohibited whether applied as part of a tanning lotion and/or cream or applied separately.

4. The excessive application of oil on the body is strictly prohibited; however, body oils, skin creams or moisturizers may be used in moderation. 5. During the Prejudging, the hair will be worn off the shoulders so as not to hide the musculature of the shoulders and upper back. The hair may be styled for the Finals.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another viewpoint

Yes, it seems more and more lately, guys are given a little more latitude, which I think can only be a good thing. If you're confident with your body - and there's really no reason to be on stage if you're not - the choices ought to be yours. I have to admit, I like the direction we're heading right now; my own posing suits just keep getting smaller. I'd like to get rid of the side straps altogether.

Joey
                      Attached Files

Comment

Who are you trying to fool? The original Joey signed on last year, posted once, and was never heard from again. If you were the real Joey, you would have posted the photos everyone has been talking about of you in the posing suit that makes you look nude.

Comment

What?

Well, I'm not trying to fool anyone. It really makes no difference to me if you think I am who I say I am, though I don't understand your suspicions. It's not as if you've been posting every day to this thread either - but I'm not flaming you for that. And though I'm really flattered that you want to see me nude, I haven't seen that everyone else is talking about that.

Joey

Comment

Go back and read the other posts on this thread and you will see where you goofed with your deception. The real Joey Centauri signed on as "Joey" not "Joseph". If you were he, you would not have needed a different username, but would have merely signed on again as "Joey Centauri".

This issue of the posing suit has been discussed in several posts in this thread and on other boards, with everyone wanting to see the photos that are on Yahoo, but not available publicly. It doesn't sound like you even know what we are talking about (no one is asking to see Joey nude, just to see the photos of him in the posing suit he described as making him look nude.) Also, the pictures you posted don't look anything like the person (Joey) who has been described on other boards.

Comment

Who is who

This is a very strange accusation. Why would you think that someone on this board would pretend to be another person on this board? That just does not make sense. I usually use the name Jean-Philipp, but I also use just Jean. I can go for several days, weeks or months without corresponding on a board or a list. And if there were another Joey (Joseph, whatever) Centauri, don't you think he would have said something himself?

Jean-Philipp

Comment

Back to the topic

At the risk of being attacked once again for photos that some think are not genuine, I am posting a couple here. The reason is, I agree with other recent postings concerning posing suits, and these photos show that things were not always as they are now. I do wonder what purpose a full back serves, when the glutes are an integral part of bodybuilding. And I also wonder why men bother to wear a suit that covers as much, or more, than a speedo, when revealing the body is actually the point of this sport. Wouldn't something like those posing suits depicted here be more appropriate? And what exactly are the judges (or bodybuilders) afraid of, that we don't see more of this these days? No one has yet been able to answer this simple question, though many people seem to agree with its premise.

Thom Holland
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X